Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shopping in Yokohama!

Sorry about that lack of blog yesterday! But it was my own personal revenge for the lack of comments on my last post. Yeah, that's what you get. So, let's start with my adventures yesterday!

We had our first Japanese class! Our class (Emily and I, that is) was... actually really challenging. But in a good way. Our professor (we have two, but the one we had class with yesterday) is really nice and funny in a rather sarcastic way.

--INTERRUPTION--
At this very moment I just finished my second Mamosa. Thanks, Nicole! It numbed the pain in my feet from walking around Yokohama all day.
--INTERRUPTION--

After class, we went with Eguchi-san to go and buy cell phones for... everyone but me and Emily, so instead we shopped a bit. I'm sure I bought something, but to be honest, I can't remember what. OH YES I REMEMBER! I bought a backpack. I didn't take a picture, but I'll try to take one tomorrow. Then we had dinner, which for me was curry, and went home to study kanji! On monday we have a quiz on 30 kanji, an oral presentation on why we chose our majors, AND a dictation due. Yeah... that'll be fun.

Well, now for today! We (Cassie, Nicole, Brenna, Emily, and I) went shopping in Yokohama, and who met us there...?

Chloe!!! It was sooo good to see her :D
Oh, Chloe, if you read this: My parents say 'Hi!'. They told me to tell you that when I met up with you haha.


Brenna, Nicole, and Chloe :D


Chloe and I :D

After shopping for a bit, in which I only bought two ribbon hair ties (which are adorable), we decided to go to Cosmo World! Which is home to the giant ferris wheel:

Thanks google!

And we rode this roller coaster:

Umm.. it was a lot more exciting than it looks in that picture. There were lots of dips and at one point we plummeted into a tunnel surrounded by water, it was cool. But very short, so at the end of it I kind of felt like my 700¥ was wasted. But not really. It's a complicated emotion.

After this we headed to a different mall, which on the way we found a frozen yogurt stand. It was so damn hot, so of course we got some, but... the good part about this was the sign:

PLANE, SOUCE, TOPPING. Nice spelling there, Japan.

In that second mall, I found myself a new pair of boots...

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute, I know. Here's a close-up on the detail:

A bow AND a pair of balls. You may now pick your minds up out of the gutter, thank you very much.

And here was a picture of the ferris wheel I took on our way out:

Blurry picture is blurry, sorry about that.

Well it's really late and tomorrow I was invited by my buddy and Emily's buddy to go to Akihabara with them. In my mind, all Akihabara is, is a place filled with girls in maid costumes and men who never have and never will have girlfriends. Let's see if I'm proven wrong. Expect some... interesting pictures tomorrow.

Now I'm off to study some kanji and go to bed!
Goodnight~

6 comments:

  1. NOW you try all those drinks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are call pom poms on your boots. The boots are really cute can you walk in them? I like the way the roller coaster looks, when are you going to ride the ferris wheel? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw it's Chloe! :] You guys are adorable. And those boots are so cuuute! Man, I'm already getting sad for when I go because everything about me is too big for Japanese clothes, most especially my feet. It was so sad when my host family tried to give me the guest pair of slippers and pretty much half of my foot hung out the back haha. I'll be checking back faithfully to hear about Akihabara XD have fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm, you boots are cute, but not as cute as my birkenstock sandals I got today as an early birthday present from mother. SO HA! I am excited to see pictures of your adventures tomorrow. <3 you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, keep us posted about Akiba! It seems you're finding such cute stuff in Japan...makes me think I shouldn't pack so much of my own things.^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm. I love frozen yogurt with souce.

    ReplyDelete