Saturday, August 28, 2010

Yokohama~!!

First trip to Yokohama!! Oh sweet Jesus my feet hurt. Tomorrow we're going to Kamakura, and I'm planning on wearing my proper walking shoes. Enough complaining, let's move on to the pictures!

Started the day off right with some Calorie Mate! This... substance, is sort of like an energy bar. In function, at least. It looks like a cookie and tastes like a cookie with less flavor. It's actually pretty good though, I went and bought more.


Here's an amusing sign I found in the train! In case you can't read it, the part with the cigarette says "I carry 700°C fire in my hand with people walking all around me." Nice, way to be passive-aggressive, Japan.


Hey look people, it's KFC! No, I didn't eat there.


Here's a street in Yokohama! We were on our way to the post office to withdraw money. Which reminds me, I should check my balance!


An awesome gate marking one of the entrances into Yokohama's China Town! Which is amaaazing.


Picture of Yinzhou, Shintaro, me, Emily, and Brenna outside a different gate in China Town.


Another awesome gate! Or maybe this was a storefront?


This one was definitely a storefront.


An amusing storefront.


Cute little signs or decorations or something in the window of a shop. I think I'm starting to see a trend...


Another awesome gate! Is that all I took pictures of?? These are all different gates, by the way.


Yinzhou, Emily, me, and Brenna! As you can see, the humidity is doing wonderful things to my bangs.

So then we broke off into mini-groups to go get something to eat! We ate a Chinese restaurant (ob-V, China Town), and though we all shared our food, I ordered Mabo Tofu, which was slightly spicy and DELICIOUS. I didn't take a picture, so here's one from google:


Then after eating, we left China Town and headed to the best place ever: A shopping mall!!

On the way to the mall, we saw this:

Yokohama's famous ferris wheel!


See those white spots in the water? Jellyfish! There where TONS.


Here's all of us outside the mall! Those are some awesome bangs I have there. Also, Shintaro is being a failure and not looking at the camera.


Now the sad thing is, is that this picture doesn't really capture how pretty the ferris wheel was at night. It was all lit up with rainbow lights... oh well, enjoy that massive boat.

Well those are all (read: most) of the pictures I took during my first trip to Yokohama! Tomorrow, it's Kamakura. For now, I'm going to bed. At 10:30, I feel like such an old person.

Goodnight!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Becca~~. I am glad you made it to Japan safely! Enjoy your new life in Japan!
    Let's meet up someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog, Becca. I felt soooo happy today. Let's go shopping together next time!

    Yinzhou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Pics, Looks like you're having an awesome time, Keep the pics coming so glad your having fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey! Keep taking pictures we are enjoying them alot! I am so glad you are having a good time and experiencing new things. LOVE YA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mai: Thanks!! Yeah we definitely should :D

    @Yinzhou: Let's go soon!!

    @Dad: I am having fun! Today I'm going to Kamakura, so the pictures should be good :D Love you!

    @Mom: Today is Kamakura, so expect some good pictures tonight! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wanna see more pics of yakuza becca!!!

    >v<

    keeping your fantastic trip!!

    momo-v-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! I love the jellyfish!

    ReplyDelete