Thursday, December 9, 2010

Today...

...is my last day in Japan. Last full day, that is. Tomorrow, the 11th, I leave from Narita airport at 2:55pm. I'll arrive 9 hours later in LAX at approx. 7:30am on the 11th. Then after my wonderful 5 hour layover, I'll arrive in PDX at 3:35pm.

...I'll be so tired. D:

Today, even though its my last day, I'm spending it packing my things. I finally got all of my souvenirs yesterday! I'm wondering though, if I should make you all wait until Christmas to give them to you >:D

Let's do some quick updates!

Wednesday:
I didn't do a whole lot during the day, but that night I went over to my HF's for dinner for the last time. HM made eel, my new favorite ♥ And of course other delicious things. It was a great meal! Afterwards, she brought out a cake she made:

It says:
"Becca
You'll always be family!
Be well ♥"

Soooooooo cute. Teary eyes, etc.

So the time I came to dinner before this one, HG had told me that during her trip to... somewhere else in Japan, I can't remember... she had seen an ad on TV for Kiyoshi's new calendar, and so on her way back home she stopped off at a calendar store in Yokohama and tried to find it, but they didn't have it. She said she had really wanted to buy it for me, so she was angry that they didn't have it stock. "It's a calendar store, WHY wouldn't they have celebrity calendars?!?" She said to me. Adorable ♥

So on Wednesday before dinner, HD's younger sister stopped by and delivered something for me. HG said that she went to a bunch of stores looking for the calendar, and they didn't have it. So, she ordered it from a bookstore and luckily it came in time! She bought Kiyoshi's calendar for me!!

It is giant. Thank you, HG!!! ♥

After our meal, we decided to take a picture! Sadly HD couldn't be there, do to working late, so it was just the four of us:


The four of them are all coming to the seminar house tomorrow morning to see me off, so it wasn't goodbye yet! I will probably totally cry tomorrow, so I'll remember not to wear mascara.

Thursday:
Yesterday I went with Ayako to Kamkura to finish buying souvenirs for everyone! It was fun, of course, and we went to lunch at this great place. We both had shirasudon, which is Shirasu over rice:

Yeah, the eyes were still there. It was delicious though!

Ayako and our lunch!

She had to work later that day, so we left around 3:00. She also had to go check her mail, because she was supposed to get in her answer as to whether or not she was selected for the study abroad program to Linfield! Which... she was!!!!!!
She's coming with us to the airport, so even though it'll be sad saying "Bye" to her, it won't really be goodbye, since she'll be coming to Linfield next year!

...I'm planning on coming back here someday, so it won't really be a 'goodbye' to my HF either.

Right now I really want to listen to this song, but I know it'll make me cry:

Yuzu's "Until the day we meet again".


For now, I'm off to finish (read: start) packing. I can't wait to see you all soon!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited you're coming home!! Next time you go to Japan, take me with you. You can be my translator! <3 haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait till you get home. Your HF made me cry reading your blog they are great! Even though I didn't understand the words, I did understand the meaning of the song. SEE YOU SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete